Old September 21st 05, 01:04 AM
SteveH

Domestos > wrote:

> > How many MPG on average would you get from a 1.6 litre 147?

> Not sure but around late 30's very early 40's

Lol.

If you drive it like a nun, maybe.

> > I don't have a car at present but am looking to get something a few
> > years old very shortly.

> > I am considering a 1.6 petrol 147

> Slow and chuggy

No, slow and revvy. They need revving like hell to get anything out of
them.

> > an Ibiza Tdi

> Guzzler but fast

You have a funny definition of 'guzzler' - my mate has a Passat with
that engine and has just done a steady motorway run at 69mpg average.
His normal more rapid use sees over 50mpg.

> > a petrol 1.4 or 1.6 Civic

> I get a 1.6 civic SE from work. £40 and 300 miles to the tank (unless you
> drive everywhere at 55mph... dont beleive the 44mpg.
>
> >diesel Corolla D-4D. Budget

> Never had one ad cannot comment
>
> > between £5k and just over £7k.

> If you are willing to stretch to 8k I can sell you a 55mpg 1.9JTD Alfa with
> full cream leather. a couple of years old and full service history finished
> in black. You can still see it here...
>

>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=4568948554&ss
>PageName=STRK:MEUS:IT

When are you going to take the hint that you're asking too much money.
You've been touting this around for several weeks with not a sniff of
interest - that's sort of a hint that you're way OTT with the price.

> > What would you go for if you were in my shoes and were choosing
> > between these?

Get a 156 2lt TSpark. You'll pick up a very nice 5 year old example for
around £3k with a bit of shopping around (our 99V cost us £2800).

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL