Old September 21st 05, 12:46 AM
John

Default 147 & other Alfa owners

I am just after your advice. I really like the 147 and think it is
one of the best looking hatches on the market. I am interested to
know though if you have had many problems with your 147 or other Alfa
model? And if you have had the odd issue, how much has it hurt you in
the wallet to get it fixed?

Are Alfa main dealers really poor when it comes to servicing and
repairs? And do you just go to an independent place to get any
repairs/maintenance done?

How many MPG on average would you get from a 1.6 litre 147?

I don't have a car at present but am looking to get something a few
years old very shortly. I am considering a 1.6 petrol 147, an Ibiza
Tdi, a petrol 1.4 or 1.6 Civic and a diesel Corolla D-4D. Budget
between £5k and just over £7k.

These are examples of what I have been looking at so far:

147 (£5k to £7k)
http://tinyurl.com/ca6n3

Ibiza Tdi (Have seen 130hp Tdis for just over £7k)
http://tinyurl.com/bogs7

1.4 Civic (R-Type bodykit) £5500
http://tinyurl.com/avwb2

Corolla D-4D 2.0l (Just over £7k)
http://tinyurl.com/b9xao

What would you go for if you were in my shoes and were choosing
between these? And what about if you were in your own shoes? What
cars do you personally like at the moment that you would realistically
consider for yourself if you were on the market for a new or used car?

Thanks for your advice.

John