Old October 29th 18, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Sanity Clause[_3_]

Default Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who willdie?

www.blacklistednews.com

> My car should protect ME. It should hit whichever target is less likely
> to injure the occupant. Anything else reflects personal or cultural
> bias and is inappropriate.

So, with 3 "target" choices,
1 - Hard, immovable object. Your car absorbs full impact.
2 - Moderately crushable object. 50/50 split.
3 - Soft, deformable object. Target absorbs full impact.

You would choose to run down the group of Nuns escorting children in a
school crosswalk. Thank you for being such a wonderful Human Being.
Where do you live? I need to remember not to go there.