Old June 18th 10, 03:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default we buy any car dot com

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a
>> 2.0JTS 2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).
>>
>> Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.
>>
>> I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

> I'll give you a fiver, and you need to fix the bumper

Its just a scratch guv. Bit o T-cut (half a bottle) and it'd be gone in no
time.

Actually, does t-cut work on body-coloured, plastic bumpers, or only on
painted metal parts? I don't see why it shouldn't, but I don't know what
undercoats are used and how T-cut might affect them etc. Just a query as I
haven't tried it yet, but as the weather looks like it has turned, I might
just find a weekend afternoon to deal with the various stone chips and door
dings etc.

The damage on the bumper is just a scrape when I was rear-ended by a
neighbour (ooh err!) at the junction exiting our estate.