Old November 3rd 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Refinish King[_2_]

Default Jeep Grand Cherokee BIG Oil Plug Bolt Problem

The steel threaded support that is welded in the pan:

Sheet metal does not thread, so the companies that make the oil pans, thread
a piece of thicker steel, into the pan. For the plug to tighten into.

If it is an aluminum pan, and this happened. Removing it wont be a problem.

However, if the pan is stamped steel, I'm sure the only way you'll be able
to remove it is, removing the pan.

I hope this helps?

RK
news:1214602_4182b4c525c8fe5630b7126620639062@auto boardz.com...