Old May 24th 18, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bernd Felsche[_2_]

Default "Emergency Vehicle"

Erik Meltzer > wrote:
>On 07.12.2017 19:49, The Real Bev wrote:

>Here in Germany, there are plenty of small access roads to Autobahns
>marked (with the German signage equivalent to) "no passing for any
>vehicles except emergency vehicles". They're for letting local
>fire departments et.al. to enter the Autobahn in case of a crash
>there, without needing to take the long way via the next official
>entry/exit. Usually they lead to some acticultural road, which
>from the other end is marked as no access accordingly.

It's all very organized in Germany. Even if it doesn't always work
as it should. ;-)

>> and* there was ALWAYS some sort of ancient rusted wreck
>> nearby.

>Maybe the tow trucks dumped the wrecks near the access roads after
>having dragged them off the main road, when it seemed foreseeable
>that no-one would come to claim them and pay the towing bill?

>Unrelated side note: I just resubscribed to rec.autos.driving after
>a decade or so of absence, and got only nine postings. Is this
>group dead, or is something wrong with my feed?

It just got a lot quieter when people moved to the Internet for
finger-painters.

Likely your feed is subscription/reader sensistive but don't expects
hundreds of articles a day.
--
/"\ Bernd Felsche - Somewhere in Western Australia
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an