Old June 3rd 17, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
James Rau[_2_]

Default Over heating

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 17:18:02 GMT, Dahawk
> wrote:

>replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote:
>Hi James
>The engine heats up faster if I'm driving but it has over heated when it's
>idling after I have driving a bit .
>What I don't understand is when it get to 3/4 or a little higher I turn the
>heating system on high and all most immediate it goes and stays at 1/2 mark
>The antifreeze is all too up , oil was done at same time as thermostat.
>I thank you for trying to help me out as I just can't spending money but I do
>luv the car

The heating system itself is a radiator/heat exchanger. The heater
coil shares the same circuit as the remainder of the cooling system.
When you turn on the heat, a valve directs hot coolant through the
coil, that's all. It works like any other air conditioning system.

James Rau