Old February 2nd 05, 11:15 PM
Edward Crismond

Default Code P1133 on 2000 Saturn SL

Hi, this is also posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

I have a 2000 Saturn SL with a high idle problem and a constantly lit
'check engine light'. It only does the high idle intermitantly, when the
engine is warmed up. Sitting at a stop light, while in neutral, the RPM
may shoot up to 2000+. It will idle correctly, at around 800 RPM or so,
after shutting the engine off, then restarting it.

Since the 'check engine soon' light is on, I took it to Advance
Auto and had them do an OBDII scan on the PCM. The code returned was:

P1133
Manfacurer Contrl.
Fuel Air Metering

(those are not typos, that's what it spit out)

My Haynes manual doesn't say anything about P1133, but a Google
search for P1133 comes up with:

P1133 HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1

This short message thread, http://tinyurl.com/5zps9 talks about the
sensor and some of the conditions that may cause P1133 to be set.

Thanks in advance
Ed