Old August 8th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Cip1 Torque Tool - Do They Break Easily?

Cip1 Torque Tool - Do They Break Easily?

Hello! I have a tool that is similar to the Torquemeister. It is
called the TORQUE TOOL FLYWHEEL & DRUM PLATE KIT from Cip1.com .
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....C%2DC10%2D7036

The instructions say:
When tightening please use a proper torque wrench as this tool WILL
over tighten bolts and breakage CAN and WILL occur**
25 ft lbs = 230 at the nut/bolt. 30ft lbs= 270 at the nut /bolt.

Do you think this tool would break if I used it to remove the gland
nut on my 1973 Type I engine?
I was thinking of not going over 30 ft. lbs. which equals 270 ft. lbs.
on the gland nut.

If that does not remove it at that torque, I plan to try it with the 4
foot piece of angle iron and a ¾ IN drive 36MM socket and a cheater
bar.
Any help is appreciated!
TIA