Old January 3rd 05, 05:41 AM

daveydave > wrote:
> Thanks for your replies so far. There's a round 8-pin DIN plug coming
> out from the CD-player and going into the head unit. The pinout and
> connector looks like the pins on the LEFT in this picture
> (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/ima...honda_14_8.jpg) -- I
> think they call it an Alpine M-Bus but I'm not sure! It's not 14 pins

The 14 pin connector on that picture looks like my 2003 Honda OEM connector.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piealpaiaux.html shows the three
connections for head unit, ipod, and CD, but this is for an Alpine AI-Net.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=124 M-Bus Alpine.
Oops. "Factory Alpine radios found in select Honda, Volvo, BMW, Land Rover,
Ford etc are not V-Link compatible."

I would think Logjam would know, but if you don't like their answer, you
can contact PIE directly.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonalpv1d.html doesn't say anything
about the Alpine M-Bus. It just notes that it is compatible with Honda, so
I would guess that it is the right adapter if you want to keep your CD.
Blitzsafe support 201-569-5000 x5105.
But that's a lot of money to keep the CD. You already have the other
adapter? Have you tried it?

---