Old November 29th 04, 05:31 PM
Lucas Tam

Default 2001 Accord Coupe Rear Rotor Replacement

Hi all,

I just took my 2001 Accord Coupe EX-V6 in for rear brake pad
replacement. The dealer told me that my rear rotors need to be replaced
as well - I only have ~58,000KM (or about 35K miles). I find it a bit
surprising that I need ot replace my rotors so quickly.

The car is driven every other day, and most of the time it sits in my
garage. I live in Toronto Canada so maybe that'll give you an idea how
the weather is like (Hot in the summer, cool in the fall, cold in the
winters).

On average I get about 250KM a week. Could leaving the car in the garage
so much cause the rotors to wear out prematurely? The service technican
coulnd't come up with a concrete reason as to why they would wear out so
early besides:

-Driving Habits
-Leaving the car outside/inside for extended periods of time (rust/dew
build up?)
-Inconsistent service (Not the case... i take my car in at the
recommended periods regularly)

I had always thought rotors would last 80,000KM to 120,000KM before they
need to be replaced.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if 58,000KM is a bit early for a rear rotor
replacement and if other 2001 Accord owners have had their rotors
replaced so early(?) as well.

Thanks.

--
Lucas Tam )