Old January 5th 05, 04:17 AM
MoPar Man

Uwe Schwertfeger wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> When visiting Canada as a tourist for a while, I wonder if their
> might be a chance to get a Chrysler 300C as a rental car during
> my stay.

Try Thrifty. By this time I'm thinking that many Thrify locations now
have the 300C.

The best way to garantee renting a 300C is to get the phone number for
the various rental companies at the airport you'll be landing at.

I mean the phone numbers at the airport (not the main rental car
number). Call them and ask if they have the 300C. And double-check
it's the "C" and not the "M".

I wanted to rent a 300C this summer while in Banff. Thrifty said they
had a "C" but turns out it was an M. I then found out that another
company (Hertz or National or maybe even Avis) rented the 300C's but
had none to rent that day (and in fact said that the C's were booked
far in advance).

You'll pay 2 times the daily rate for a Hemi C (if they have one) vs
an ordinary car (Intrepid).

I just looked at Thrify. Renting a 300M for a week from Toronto
Pearson Airport (unlimited milage). With all taxes in, it'll cost
$385 CDN for a week (232 Euros). An intrepid would cost $300 cdn (180
Euros)