Old December 19th 20, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder

Default Tires that actually last

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 10:57:13 +1100, Xeno wrote:

> What? At 15K miles? One rotate at most at that mileage, if that.

Hi Xeno,

As you know, I only get about 20K miles per tire, particularly if I don't
rotate them every 5K miles and _flip_ them on the rim every 10K miles.

But my driving (as is the driving of all my neighbors) is considered
extreme, due to the high temporary camber on the inside front tire on the
downhill side (as you're well aware of).

Given these extreme conditions, I rotate at no later than 5K, and I should
probably rotate even sooner, as I should probably flip them on the rims
about every 5K instead of every 10K.