Old July 1st 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Happy Traveler

Default oil life monitor question

Don't know about 2004, but the oil change alarm on earlier models could be
reset to a fraction of the full 5000 miles, in increments of 10%. If the
2004 model still has this feature, the most likely explanation would be that
it was reset to 40%. Your owner's manual will have the procedure.

t...