Old December 20th 05, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Oil Life

You could have been doing them yourself all along. NO car manufacturer can
demand you pay to have the oil changed, and they ABSOLUTELY CANNOT deny a
warranty claim due to any oil related issue. I've replaced engines with
40,000 plus miles on them with the factory oil filter. I've seen dozens of
engines replaced or repaired with the original oil filter on them. (they're
painted like the engine). It makes no difference. I would like to know
where people get these bogus stories about <whiny voice on> "well my dealer
told me blah blah blah. " <whiny voice off> That is bull****. No dealer
would say such a thing, because it is just flat not true.

--
Steve Barker

oups.com...