Old December 20th 05, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Oil Life

Yeah, like an idiot I used to take my 92 SL1 to dealer for oil changes
because my dealer told me that I HAVE to bring it there. Soon as I
found out that I could have a lube shop do it for me without affecting
the warranty I started taking my car to Mr Lube where is was half the
cost of the dealer PLUS it was done on the spot.
With the dealer I had to take a loaner car home.... gimme a break.

Ever since the warranty ran out on the car I started to do my own oil
changes. I change the oil every 6000-7000 miles (always put Castrol
Syntec 5-50 in it). My car now has 280,000 miles on it and still going
strong.