Old November 13th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
AYBABTU

Default engine pull

In article >,
Olli Lammi A> wrote:

> Jeff Barnes wrote:
> > Jeff 1974 vw bug looking for the bottom engine bolts to pull the motor. ARE
> > THEY on to of the engine tin that protects the valves connected to the
> > heater boxes? lots of oil and junk leaking from the old tubes for 120,000
> > miles

> The two bottom _nuts_ are accessible from the bottom of the car. They
> are in front of the engine. Look above the transmission mount "horns" in
> the back portion of the transmission case.
>
> ---
> Olli

Let's hope they are there. not left off.
a "crime" in engine pull contests at Bug Ins.
btw. what is the record time for an engine pull & replace?
three and a half minutes start to finish line. I've heard, anyone better
that?

--
"In the future you may be here, but will your dreams?"