Old November 12th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default engine pull

://www.geocities.com/bugfuel/pull_it.html

Is it time for Jan to write an updated version of Muirs "Idiots Guide"

Not taking anything away from John Muirs, some one like Jan should wite
an updated version to help out an ever growing interest. As the
vehicles are getting older there is much more involved in getting them
road worthy and for reasons I can understands more shops catering to
aircooled VW's shutting down. I believe the hoodride thing is just
because alot of the kids getting in to the aircooled scene are only
finding very poor conditioned cars and just throwing them together to
drive.

I had a kid stop by in a 65 that was setting on a foot locker looking
for a starter so he didn't have to push start his car. No interior no
speedo (why is the alt. not charging?) and a leaking master cylinder.

Yes I took his last $50 and gave him a new master cylinder and a
speedo, gave him the name of a few books and online sites and sent him
on his way.
I was reminded that NC doesn't require inspections any more ..P

Mario
Vintage Werks resto