Old May 17th 04, 11:45 PM
John F. Carr

In article >,
BDWood > wrote:
>Hello all.
>
>Been lurking for a bit, after having recently bought a 2001 S4 with
>about 45k miles on it. First of all...what a fabulous car. I believe
>I will definitely enjoy this beast.
>
>Anyway, three primary questions...
>
>First is what are the major maintenance/wear/service items I should
>pay very close attention to as I get closer to the 50k warranty mark.
>I want to get the dealer to cover as much as possible, so if I know
>what to look for or have them look for that wouldn't hurt.

When I took my 2001 S4 in for the last free service at 48,000 the
dealer fixed several minor problems that they found. I can pull out
the invoice if you want the details. I think rear differential seals
were a part they said tended to fail. They said they looked closely
at the car because this would be my last free service under warranty.
(In addition to being nice to a customer, they have a motive to find
things to fix because Audi is paying for it at 48K while I might not
be so generous with my wallet at 60K.) If this is standard practice
you might not need to worry about details. Just remind them that your
service visit is the last before 50K.

--
John Carr )