Old September 25th 05, 07:36 PM
michaelb

"" wrote:
> Well fellas, thanks for all your help.
>
> I'm now the proud owner of a 1997 2.0 156 Sportspack 2. I was
> going to
> get a slightly newer model with more gadgets and leather but
> after
> hours of searching I managed to pick this one up for £1700.
> Couple of
> scratched and scuffs but very well kept inside and runs very
> well.
>
> How long she will last I'm not sure but for £1700 a couple of
> years
> will do me
>
> Thanks again for your comments, without them I probably would
> not be a
> member of the Alfa club.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Dave,

Congrats on the purchase. At that price it’s a steal. Enjoy it.

I had an old 164 3.0 once I sold to a friend for GBP 500, he kept it
for a couple of years after that and managed to get it past 200,000
miles with no problems and the only servicing being infrequent oil
changes. He eventually traded it in (against a 166) and persuaded, no
forced, Desira to give him GBP 500 part-ex for it. Now if you can get
that sort of use out of your 156 you will be doing well.

Have fun,

Michael

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Alfa-Romeo...ict138618.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=675810