Old September 18th 05, 04:20 PM
Pete

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:50:52 +0200, "Hans de Heer"
>, wrote:

>Consider a Sportwagon. With a baby on its way, you can really use the extra
>space in the back. Stuffing a buggy in the back of a 156 sedan is not a nice
>thing to do, trust me...
>And indeed avoid the 1.6, it's underpowered. I think the 2.0 is the best
>trade-off between power and fuel economy.

That Sportwagon is a good suggestion. At least take a good look and a drive
in one before parting with cash.

Definitely 2.0 Ltr with as much trim as you can find. The bigger alloys
ride better in my opinion. Though others here will say the lowered Sport
Packs drive better. If it is a trade off between driving pleasure and
family ride comfort then the 2.0 TS with the rigid ride, 15" alloys and
leather is my pick, but that is what I own.

You do realise that the rear seat in the 2.0 does not fold like the smaller
engine versions. Less body roll. If you need "child lugging space" then the
Sportwagon looks just the same from the driving seat :-) Looks pretty darn
smart from the outside too.
Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso