Old March 24th 05, 06:24 AM
L Sternn

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:06:34 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>> No. You're either intentionally lying or you haven't even bothered to
>> read up on this incident.
>>
>> Which is it?
>>
>> Here's a couple of links just in case you're merely ignorant:
>>
>> http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?s=3107048
>> (includes a link to audio of the 911 calls)
>>
>> http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2005/911.asp
>> (this one's short enough that you shouldn't have too much
>> trouble reading the whole thing)

>Ok, now that we're past the profanity and insults maybe we can discuss this
>like adults.

I went off because your defense of a cop who put people's lives at
risk is disgusting.

You had already proven to me that you were incapable of discussing
anything like an adult.

> The article says nothing about him not dispatching emergency
>units to the scene and in fact says: "Police officials maintain that despite
>Peasley's comments, he acted promptly to send emergency personnel to the
>scene."

|Peasley, who was working the dispatch desk in the Troop E
|barracks in Montville, was punished after an internal affairs
|investigation for several offenses, including conduct
|unbecoming a police officer, ***inefficient action*** and lack
|of decorum, police said.

(emphasis mine)

"'Inefficient action"

|The trooper hung up on the caller because he apparently
|thought he had received several other calls about the same
|incident.

So why would he dispatch anything if he thought he had already
dispatched something.

The other dispatcher sent the ambulance.

>But Boyle said the investigation showed that the

|call from the friend was the first Troop E received for that
|accident.

Yup - and since he didn't send anything, there must have been some
delay unless all emergency units were already tied up with other calls
and wouldn't have been able to respond immediately anyway.

Are you telling me there is no way other than memory for dispatchers
to see if units are already responding?

|It also showed that Peasley was rude to a second
|caller who reported the accident, telling him Sawyer
|"shouldn't have been riding that way."

The article is pretty skewed. The point is that he hung up on them
without so much as confirming where the accident was.

How is he supposed to dispatch someone if he can't be sure where it
is?

>From the first two phone calls quoted it seems to me like they
>either already had a report of the wreck, or had prior calls about the
>motorcycle especially in the second call.

He may have thought he already responded to them, but I can't imagine
there aren't procedures in place to check that sort of thing.

>I agree that he could've handled
>things better, but the job was done.

not by him