Old January 1st 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

Default A little long before firing up - family trademark or is my car a little sick?

It may help to turn the key to on for a few moments before you turn it to
the start position. Turning to the start position without pressing on the
clutch (assuming the clutch start lockout switch is still functional) may
also make a difference.