Old September 20th 04, 12:57 PM

Default touareg...ahh the touareg!

volkswagen is selling the touareg to try and keep those former and
current volkswagen owners "within the family.....
before it became available,research was saying vw was loosing customers
to the competition because they did not offer a sport ute comparable
vehicle..... no comment here as to the reason people purchase this type
vehicle but the hundreds of thousands purchased each year in usa were
not able to even consider a vw vehicle prior to introduction.
as the oldest of 7 children in my family,we never owned anything bigger
than a 4 door sedan....without a/c or seat belts! always took a seat
directly behind the driver's seat for limited access to hand slap across
the filled back seat!

regards