Old July 15th 17, 03:31 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman

Default Outside edge of front tires stairstepping

On 07/14/2017 03:14 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
> I knew a guy whom worked at a major tire manufacturer in quality control.
> After GM started to reject boxcars of tires, they started loading the
> exceptional spec tires at the doors of the boxcars after loading the usual
> spec'd tires in first. The GM inspectors would only check the first out lot
> then move on.

When I took statistics years ago it was geared toward engineers. The
major question was how many samples do you have to examine to ensure the
batch is only N% crap. N would be provided by sales and marketing after
they determined the economics of repairing or replacing crap versus
going for as close to 100% quality product as you could.