Old November 4th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default 95 caravan engine shakes from side to side

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:43:51 -0700, wrote:

>hello all,
>
>What i did so far,
>
>Both of the CV joints, that i put in on driver side, are
>remanufactured from autozone. After the second CV joint, now I dont
>get anymore shaking, at least not as bad. I still get the grinding
>sound but I donot know where it is coming from.
>
>I checked the motor mounts and they are all look good. only one of
>them as surface cracks and that's all. they are not serious, just on
>surface.
>
>I rotated tires nearly 10kmile before when i change pads. They look
>visually good. however I know there is a minor problem with them
>something like balance, but this is not the problem i talked about
>before.
>
>I will look at the passenger inner joint soon. tommorrow, I'm heading
>to a junkyard tosee what the differential look like.
>
>Thanks for the input guys, I will update you.

The differential is inside the tranny case. When mine let go (1988 New
Yorker - same tranny) junk got into the valve body from the diff
bearing damage. I had to replace the whole tranny (and there was
little if any noise from the diff) Can't remember exactly, but
somewhere around 200,000km. I got (VERY) lucky and picked up a very
low mileage tranny for $300. Most wreckers were asking $800 for
trannies with 200,000km on them.