Old July 2nd 14, 05:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RayDec

Default Trickle Charging a C7 battery

replying to Smarty , RayDec wrote:
> nobody wrote:
>
> Having owned C5 and C6 convertibles which have been stored for the
> winter, I have become accustomed to using a trickle charger directly
> connected to the battery for many years. The rest of the car has been
> disconnected and only the trickle charger has been connected to the battery.
> The new C7 battery is no longer under the hood. It is in the trunk, and
> not as easily to disconnect and trickle charge.
> My question:
> Can I trickle charge via the cigarette lighter socket or another
> auxiliary power 12 V socket which the car also provides? Or do I have to
> get into the trunk, remove the trunk lining, and then connect directly
> across the battery as I have previously done for the last 15 years on my
> C5 and C6?
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

My C7 came with the Battery Protection Package which included a GM Trickle
Charger (PART # 22969090). In the trunk area where the battery is located,
there's a cigarette lighter port which the charger connects to. No need
to get to the actual battery. Just plug into the lighter port and an
electrical outlet at the other end. I haven't used it yet but I assume
you have to leave the trunk lid opened. Hope this helps.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/toyota_camry/--.htm