Old October 15th 12, 09:21 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Richard B. Gilbert

Default problem with handsfree on new Accord

On 10/15/2012 11:22 AM, Justin wrote:
> dgk wrote on [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:16:26 -0400]:
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 02:46:46 -0400, tlvp >
>> wrote:

>>> Unless you're doing this so a *passenger" can answer, give it up: you'll
>>> never really be answering a phone and driving at the same time -- you'll
>>> either be driving, or answering the phone and not really driving at all
>>> (just going through the motions of driving, attention all elsewhere).
>>>
>>> HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

>> There IS something about being on a phone which is just different than
>> having a conversation with a passenger or listening to the radio. I
>> figure that maybe it has something to do with a passenger knowing when
>> you need to concentrate on driving and they shut up while a caller
>> just keeps talking and your attention is divided.
>>
>> I sure try not to use the phone when I'm driving but it is hard to
>> just ignore calls.

> Whether hands-free or not, there are several studies that show talking on
> the phone while driving is the same as driving while drunk

If my phone rings while I'm driving, I will either hand the phone to my
wife or pull over to the side of the road and stop. Since I hit
retirement age, I don't get very many phone calls on my mobile phone!

While I was working I would pull over to the right side with blinkers on
and either answer my phone or, my page.

One evening, I was driving home from the roller skating, my pager went
off just as I turned onto the On-Ramp. If that wasn't enough, a police
patrol car pulled up behind me at the bottom of the on-ramp and wanted
to know if I had a problem. Thanks officer, I now have two problems. <sigh>