Old May 21st 04, 06:42 AM
AN0NYM0US

richard hornsby > wrote in
:

> --------------------
> 1995 and later models
> - Disconnect the battery

Was thinking of skipping this step, but seems like a good idea espically
now this is my second or third time seeing this recommaded step..

> - Remove knee protector (see sect 27)
> - On later models, remove the two bolts and pull off the left
> instrument panel end cap

I think up to this point I still have a clue what is it about. In fact
someone told me similiar things, by removing 2 scres on the far left
(facing the door)

> - Remove the steering column covers (see sect 26)

Hummmm.... any more details on this one?

> - On early models (!) remove the steering column mounting bolts ...
> (skip the rest of this one, you don't have an early model)
> - Remove the screws at the top of the bezel and pull the bezel
> rearward to disengage the retaining clips.

I assume this means after all the panels are removed and start working on
the radio?

> Disconnect the electrical
> connectors and remove the bezel. later models are retained only by
> clips - Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure
>
> You might see if you can leaf through a copy of the Haynes manual at
> your local auto shop. I have book #87010, and the quoted section is
> 24 on page 11-10.

Humm.. ok then.. maybe I will get myself a copy of the Haynes manual... I
can only found one at one Canadian Tire store (none in Chapers stores,
darn!) and it was warpped... Can't just open it and take a peek...

Thanks anyways, maybe tomorrow, if I have time I will start taking the
dash apart... (wish me luck! haha)