Old May 20th 04, 07:12 AM
richard hornsby

> Can you check your Haynes manual and see if there is a different
> instructions? (or you mean the Haynes show the SAME instructions for 95-01?
> If that's the case, I am glad I didn't buy a copy of the Haynes manual the
> other day...)

Hrm, I have the manual in my lap and I'm more confused than before. I
missed the sentence (d'oh) before that says "...or on 2000 and later
models remove the instrument cluster bezel (see chapter 11)." But
chapter 11 is as confusing to me as chapter 12 from whence I came.

Here is what it says in chapter 11 about removing the instrument cluster
bezel:
--------------------
1995 and later models
- Disconnect the battery
- Remove knee protector (see sect 27)
- On later models, remove the two bolts and pull off the left instrument
panel end cap
- Remove the steering column covers (see sect 26)
- On early models (!) remove the steering column mounting bolts ...
(skip the rest of this one, you don't have an early model)
- Remove the screws at the top of the bezel and pull the bezel rearward
to disengage the retaining clips. Disconnect the electrical connectors
and remove the bezel. later models are retained only by clips
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure

You might see if you can leaf through a copy of the Haynes manual at
your local auto shop. I have book #87010, and the quoted section is 24
on page 11-10.

HTH,
-rj
98SL2