Old November 24th 04, 11:30 PM
SoCalMike

Caroline wrote:
> I haven't seen reports of brake hoses plugging with debris.

sometimes they just collapse on the inside. the outside might have a
plastic coating so you dont know. pretty rare, though.

> I have a manual transmission and almost always downshift, using the engine to
> brake, though, so brake problems will be less obvious unless I go looking for
> them.

different strokes

id rather replace 5 sets of front brake pads than 1 clutch. FWIW,
sometimes i "blip" the throttle and slip it into neutral and coast to a
stop. and if i wanna mess with someone who i think might be a bit too
close, ill use the parking brake