Old January 27th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 91 miata radiator price

Hello,

The radiator on my '91 (130k miles) exploded and I'm looking to
replace it along with my water pump (original), and timing belt
(replaced around 67k miles).

I've found the following:

Local Mazda dealer:
Radiator $234.30
W Pump $89.05 (reman) +$25core
T Belt $52.65

Local Auto Parts sto
Radiator $197.77
Pump $42.96
T Belt $31.88

I've found radiators from
Radiator Doctor on Ebay for $130
This radiator will fit all Mazda Miata models from 90-97. It is a
BRAND NEW radiator STILL IN THE BOX.
Brand New Part with Lifetime

What do you think about the one from Radiator Doctor? They have
good feedback. Are the radiators all the same for 90-97, manual
vs. auto, with or w/o AC. My car is a manual with AC. I wonder
about quality since the feedback is left long before a radiator
would likely fail.

I see "racing" radiators advertised on Ebay, they're pricy and I
wonder about fitment on a stock car. All metal would be nice,
but expensive, and the original lasted 15 years.

I was thinking about coughing up the extra $ for a genuine Mazda
timing belt. Do you think it would be better than generic? It
would seem that the remanufactured water pumps from Mazda or an
autoparts store would be equivalent.

-Eric
--
Miss Baby was alright until me and Junior turned her head around.