Old December 21st 08, 03:42 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Mike Marlow[_1_]

Default UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:21:46 -0500, Rock Hardson cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

> Yeh...and its just fine to that Japanese CEO get billions in return for
> paying workers $14 and hour to screw on a bolt over and over and over again
> 8 hours a day. You try doing that and see if you don't go crazy.

It does not matter if it drives them crazy. If they want more interesting
work then let them get off their duff and get an education or develop
skills that will afford them those opportunities. Boring work is not a
justification for pay. If you don't have a lot to offer, you do the crummy
work for the crummy pay.

> If you have
> a job doing crazy mind draining activity at least make it worth your while
> and get paid for it.

At minimum wage those people would indeed be getting all the pay
worthwhile. Don't like crazy mind draining activity? Then get off your
duff and improve yourself. Quit crying about mind draining activity.

> And I bet if your father was putting bread on your
> table for screwing on a bolt, you would have no problem at all buying
> American would you?

I have no problem buying either American or import and my father is dead,
so he's not putting bread on the table for screwing in a bolt. He did
however, instill in us a drive to work for what you want and not rely on
lame whines like "mind draining". He taught us that if we don't like where
we are/what we're doing, then improve yourself in order to move on past it.
You might want to try the same.

--

-Mike-