Old September 20th 04, 04:44 PM
Patrick Owen

"Tony" > wrote in message

> "Patrick Owen" <patowen at pugetsound dot net> wrote in message
>> I am cursed with children, who's mother insists on feeding them and
>> giving
>> them fluids on occasion.
>>

> It's more like you're cursed with a wife that is a slob. There's
> absolutely
> no reason why kids HAVE to be eating or sucking on something ALL THE TIME.
> bet both her and the kids are over weight.
>
> As to car interiors; choose one with cheapest plastic covers. or make
> covers
> (Auto upholstery shop) for the Passat.

Actually, my son has Autism, and is quite a challenge to control. Giving
him food or drink while in the vehicle helps calm him and provides us with
some leverage to offer him rewards for improved behavior. My 2-year old
daughter is typical, and my wife is attractive and full of patience for
dealing with people who are insensitive and boorish about our situation.
She would forgive you instantly for your crass assumptions and smarmy
comments.

I on the other hand would be more likely to break your nose if you said
those things to my face.

> Sorry for the rant!.

Unlikely - I think you rather enjoyed it. I hope you'll rethink these kind
of comments in the future.