Old February 5th 11, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
brian

Default Winter

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:41:34 -0800, "uncle_vito"
> wrote:

>I have loads of dust on my car. I notice paw prints where critters have run
>across it. It is either a very small cat or a gigantic rat. I have heard
>noises in my garage when I go out to the refrigerator at night. I do have
>poison out, but it could be too old.

On the rat front. I posted here a couple weeks ago about bagging my
car and asked about desiccant etc. Got the info from the group.

I chose to go with a plastic tarp to try out the repellent ability. I
unwrapped the car yesterday and found much to my liking - no evidence
of anything living under my hood. Good and cheap and easy. Before
wrapping there was always evidence if even just a few days had passed.

A couple thoughts. I completely wrapped up the car hence the need of
desiccant, but I think that all that needs to be covered with the tarp
is the bottom and up the sides to the top of the fender line. Every
thing can be pulled snug with bungee's. This smaller tarp is enough to
keep the critters out and is a lot easier to deal with (especially on
the corners). And with the top of the car open (under the breathable
car cover) I don't need to worry about condensation.

I've had a lot of rodent experience and think the tarp will work just
fine because of the slick, non food surface doesn't give them any
reason to chew.

brian