Old March 23rd 05, 08:15 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Motorhead Lawyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Cory Dunkle wrote:
> > Without a doubt he should be fired, and blacklisted from all police
> > agencies. His behavior was totally inappropriate.

> And *you've* *never* done anything inappropriate, huh? Never will,
> either. Just remember that the first time you *do*, there'll be some
> idiot calling for you to be tossed out of your *profession* for *the
> rest of your life*. But that's perfectly fair, isn't it, Cory? One
> screwup and you're *out*!

Yep, a screwup like that involving life and death sure. Kick me out of my IT
consulting and support profession for life. If my VPN kills someone I'm out,
and I'll gladly quit if I'm not wanted on the job anymore.
When I worked in retail it never mattered to me how bad my day was, I was
always courteous, polite, and friendy to customers. Yeah, even cops. The
cops that came in the store for radio equipment and such were never
disrespectful to me, so I had no reason to treat them any different than any
other customer.

The point is a police officer taking calls is a very important position. If
this officer didn't wnat to treat the general public with respect he should
not be doing anything that brings him into contact with the general public,
especially taking emergency calls. Gee, ya think Joe Schoe who's wife is
about to die after being t-boned by a Mac truck is gonna be calm? You think
he's not gonna want to know if anything the police can tell him, like when
someone is going to arrive or if the police can find the truck if it was a
hit and run? If a person does not _want_ to _help_ people by being courteous
and friendly to them in their time of need, then find anotehr profession,
because you sure as hell aren't being professional about your job if you
aren't being respectful.

> > Cops so often forget that they are _PUBLIC SERVICE_ officers. They

> serve the
> > public, and the public pays them for that service. They serve every

> single
> > person out on the streets and sidewalks. Even if they suspect that

> person of
> > something the cop still needs to treat that person with the utmost

> respect
> > and courtesy.

> And in return get to be called "ass hole" and "pig", right, Cory?

I don't see why anyone would call a polite, friendly, and courteous cop an
"ass hole" or a "pig". I sure as heck wouldn't... That's just downright rude
and disrespectful.

> > Anyhow, the world would be a better place without all the ass holes

> like
> > this pig working on the force.

> It'd be a helluva lot more pleasant without conclusion-jumping
> judgmental young morons, too. But I'm not mentioning any *names* ...
> Cory.

Take a good look at yourself...