Old July 12th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_2_]

Default C5 Items Requiring Replacement

In article >,
"Dad" > wrote:

> After that I learned that there is a site that allows you to enter
> your serial number and check what has been done on your GM car. You'd
> be surprised what they change, recalibrate, and update without you
> ever being aware. Haven't used it in some time but
> http://tis2web.service.gm.com should get you there.

Very interesting...... here is what 'they' said they did to my 6-speed
for the column lock

-----------------
12593358 - Operating system

New software to correct fuel disable feature not functioning after a
battery disconnect or BCM loss of communication. Per Product Safety
Campaign 04006A. Replaces 12202088, 12212156 and 12221588.

It locked up big time a few weeks later and they had to send someone to
my home to unlock the thing because the wrecker sent by GM refused to
tow the car. He could not get it out of the garage.

The automatic fix disables the column lock but they are not allowed to
disable a 6-speed.