Old September 29th 04, 04:55 AM
\Doc\

"Hairy" > wrote in message

> "Michael Vosk" > wrote in message
> om...
>> This problem started about a month ago. I have not really noticed a
>> difference in starting it up, but I haven't really paid much attention
>> to it either. Now that I think about it, I usually do crack the
>> throttle a bit (but not much)and that is probably out of habit from
>> carbs. I will get a rebuild kit and see if that helps. The pressure
>> was at 13 psi, but I suppose it could be leaking.
>>
>> Thanks for your response. Any other thoughts out there?
>>
>> MV
>>

> I could be wrong, but I think you would definitely have hard starting
> problems if it was the fuel pressure regulator.
> I think the suggestion by David and Lynn Shepherd is worth looking into.

Sometimes, sometimes not with the hard starts. As the TBI's are only
cooking 9-13 psi to start with, this bleeds off pretty quick when the truck
is shut off, and if it sits overnight most of the fuel dumped in there will
have evaporated anyways by the time he cranks it in the morning. A good
test would be key on, 3 second pause, key off (repeat 10 times or so) to get
the fuel pump pressuring up repeatedly and allowing the FPR to dump lots o'
fuel into the motor. Then try and start it.

I do agree with you that D and L Shepherd's suggestion is worth looking into
as well.

Doc