Old February 4th 16, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Jc Maxwell

Default Stuck passenger door lock (1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS)

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 9:42:42 AM UTC-7, Steve W. wrote:
> wrote:
> > Or, just use the locks manually on it; something most
> > people forget is possible even on late models.
> >
> > Personally, I miss crank up windows and pull-up-push
> > down locks. The best thing since sliced bread!

> What he is saying is that the manual door lock doesn't work with the key
> either.
>
> --
> Steve W.

Precisely, it is the good old-fashioned manual way that doesn't work. I want to get in the car, I have to go to the driver's side & use the number pad or door switch.

I really miss the keyless entry. It was a great help when loading or unloading the car. I could be carrying something burdensome & not have to put it down to get the door open, unlock the door for someone else to get in, make sure I had locked the doors after parking, etc.