Old January 5th 18, 04:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default How long can a popping CV joint last?

On 01/05/2018 08:17 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>>> Asphalt roofing shingles work pretty well.

>> The homeowner probably would have complained.

> They don't even notice until spring. It's a different story when you
> take tiles from a Spanish tile roof to make planters.

The *******s cement them in now.

I was shocked to discover that the function of the tiles is to protect
the tarpaper beneath, which is what keeps the roof waterproof and which
rats apparently regard as gourmet fare. I question this story -- at
least on newer houses a layer of plywood (presumably exterior) is
required, which would seem to be waterproof in itself.

--
Cheers, Bev
VISE GRIPS (VYS'-gripz) [n] A tool used to transfer intense