Old May 11th 09, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default I Don't Believe It!

On Mon, 11 May 2009 16:57:39 +0100, Catman
> wrote:

>How does the immobiliser work? Sounds a bit daft to allow cranking and
>fuel injection.

The lift pump is in the fuel tank and feeds the high pressure pump in
the engine bay. There's a return feed to the fuel tank so the fuel
that's not squirted through the injectors circulates back to the tank.
Common rail diesel injection is, in many respects, very similar to
petrol injection fuel systems except for the pressure involved. To
stop firing up the engine all that's needed is to not trigger the
electronically controlled fuel injectors.

As a precaution, I decided to replace the 3V batteries in the remotes
as they were original (8 years old). Bugger me..they measured a decent
3.2V. In my books, that puts the amazing remote battery life up there
with the exhausts!!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject will be auto-deleted..sorry!)