Old October 15th 04, 11:23 AM
Rand Al'Thor

This is about the physics engine, right?

Guess I'll leave that to who's driven these cars IRL. I have brought RBR -
but again, however good this rally sim is it still feels real lonely out
there without the wheel to wheel competition

The physics do seem to me, very good in GTR with one reservation. However,
only time will tell if it has a chance to live up to the classic that is
GPL. I've also looked at the files and can see no way for modding like GPL
which has helped keep it alive for so long. And what is it about open wheel
racing; I just love seeing the wheels and suspension at work and it
seriously helps with the placement of the car on the track.

The real sad thing now is that GPLs graphics are looking really tardy and
dated being Directx7 and seeing the georgeous SPA in GTR and the rally
circuits in RBR complete with bump mapping (especially in RBR) its hard not
to be impressed with these latest sim additions.

Alan