Old July 17th 07, 03:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

Default Finding a short

IS there an easy way to find a short. The battery in my Vette dies on me
every couple of days. Ive started with the things that don't work in the car
IE: Volt meter, (Was shorted to ground) Clock, assorted warning lights
everything I checked other that the volt meter checked good. Then I found
the windshield wiper motor, Or should I say the first 4 layers of skin on my
forearm found it!! Oh it was hot! I figured I had my electrical problem
licked I pulled the plug got a big spark and ohmed through the wiper switch
which was bad. That was Saturday I went to drive her today and it was dead
again. This time the battery was toast from being jumped so many times
Is there an easy way to find a short? The battery does spark pretty good
when connected Thats why I think I still have a problem. Does anyone know
any common problems with the 76 Vette?

I posted this on another site and got some good info
Here is a couple things I found so far
- The courtesy light in the storage area is ALWAYS on
- When I replaced my headlight switch (for a vacuum issue) I noticed a
corner of the plug was melted and black

Is there a relay for the wipers thats still getting power? I never pulled
the fuse, Im going to dig deeper in the morning

Thanks
Jamie