Old June 29th 07, 12:04 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

Default BMW Vintage Cufflinks

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:52:13 -0700, nazcars >
> wrote:
>
>>just been to Bowker BMW, Blackburn
>>quoted £25,000 for vintage cufflinks
>>or 3 series + £2,000 cash on top
>>will donate surplus cash to Hospice
>>or half the £25,000
>>
>>I can't drive, so Katie can have the 3 Series BMW
>>and I'll try to find her the reg plate
>>KAT 1E

> Er! Cufflinks ---- who wears those during the day now and who would you
> impress? A cheapo Rolex look-a-like works much better and NOBODY knows
> that a
> Patek Philippe costs x4 times more and works better.

I have cufflinks made from 18x13mm gemstones (like amethyst) and solid gold.
Ladies often admire them :-), however even these are only worth £500 a pair
tops. OTOH a very el cheapo Casio Wave-ceptor keeps time to better than
0.5s and never needs winding or batteries and works MUCH better than all the
expensive watches (Rolex, Rado, Rotary (spit)...) that aren't badge
engineered from it. I expect GPS based watches soon, accurate to 10nS.