Old January 7th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Headlight bulb replacement

Tegger > wrote:
> wrote in :
> > I think I've probably ground off some of the plastic against the road.

> I repost my last reply:

> Aha, that sounds like the splash shield. Given what you've just described,
> the plastic just might be salvageable. It's pretty tough.

I did keep that in mind, and now that the Civic is 120K, 8 years old, and
dog-eaten, baling wire is on the list of remedies.
When I tied it up, it was substantially there. I didn't look for the
fastening points, I just used the drain cutouts as a place to thread my
twine and pull it forward to where the bumper overlapped it for
aerodynamics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/clarence...eat=directlink

For it's 8th birthday in March, I think I'll take my HondaCare refund and
get the front end cosmetically repaired.