Old January 4th 11, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default Oil refiners suing EPA over new ethanol rules

On 2011-01-04, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:18:31 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:
>
>>The corn lobby is more important. Sugar tariffs so we get nasty HFCS,
>>ethanol requirements and ethanol tariffs so we get energy loser gasohol.

> Ummmm... thanks for answering my question.

The corn lobby is more important than old cars. Other than flex fuel
cars E15 will probably harm just about everything with long term
exposure.

>>Yes, not only are there ethanol requirements, but there are tariffs to
>>prevent the use of cheaper, energy gaining, sugar cane ethanol from
>>other countries.

> So we can become dependent on foreigners for sugar cane like we are
> now dependent on OPEC?

How is buying oil from opec (or any place else) to make corn ethanol
that moves a car a shorter distance than making gasoline from the oil
fighting 'dependency on foreigners'?

The whole thing is about benefiting people in the corn business, always
was, still is.