Old February 12th 08, 07:15 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Jeff[_3_]

Default Consider buying American!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23124844/
>>> What about Toyotas and Hondas made in America?

>> Toyota and Honda assemble cars all over the world, but the profits go
>> back to Japan.- Hide quoted text -

> Really! I would think the profits go first to the US subsidiaries to
> pay for taxes, salaries, helathcare, workers's comp, plant
> modernization, worker education. U.S. subsidiaries of Japanese auto
> makers use the same ratio of pay differences between a manager and his/
> her direct reports as they do in Japan.
>
> Japan make a car that goes 250,000 miles without major repairs, runs
> like brand new till it falls apart or we just give it to someone.
> Korea, somewhat new to auto making, can do the same. But the US car
> companies make ****. Answer that for me. I have a few ideas but you
> can go first.

Some cars made by XXXX (put in name of Korean, Japanese or American car
company) are really good, some are so-so and some are really bad. That's
true for all car companies. The proportion of bad American cars used to
be higher, but now, the American car companies are coming out with some
really good cars. And, the Japanese car companies made some really bad
cars, too.

jeff