Old March 22nd 12, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default Headline I thought I'd never see

On 03/21/2012 03:53 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In >, jim >
> wrote:
>
>>> Hey, Honda--bring back the NSX. Bring back a car that competes with
>>> Scion, for God's sake. Anything.

>> and at this point, something that competes with hyundai/kia - they're
>> getting pretty good pretty damned fast.

> no ****.
>
> Actually, "competes with" would not be good enough. It'd be too little,
> too late.
>
> Hey, Honda--bring out something that absolutely KILLS the Hyundai/Kia
> thing. Open the curtains in September and show us a Civic and Accord
> that slay Hyundai/Kia right where they stand, products that bury the
> competition so far down they can't get back up.
>
> And then back it up. Walk the walk. Show us not only that you CAN do
> it, but that you WILL do it.
>
> holding my breath--not.

the accord still retains some useful features - suspension - but it's
grown just /way/ too big and unwieldy to be anything i'd ever buy*.
they should have launched a larger model marque, like toyota did the
avalon, if they wanted to sell something bigger. same with the now
accord-sized civic. especially since the cars they sell under those
names in other countries are much smaller than what they sell here.

* i'd just go minivan, but even then, the current odyssey - reliability
rip-offs aside - is too big. the original was just about right.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum