Old October 20th 04, 12:49 AM
Grumpy au Contraire

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Grumpy au Contraire wrote:
>

> > Robin Banks wrote:

> >>I hate you. ;-)
> >>
> >>It's SO close to being put away time here. Temps have been in the 40s/low
> >>50s, we had frost warnings... <sigh> I'll probably have both cars under wraps
> >>by next week. Already got the winterizing treatments for everything.
> >>
> >>I hate that it'll be until late April 'till I see my babies rolling again.
> >>
> >>~~R.Banks

> > Don't let him fool you. He lives in MD and depending of how nasty the
> > winter decides to be, a substantial amount of snow, ice, slush, and of
> > course salt infects the roads from November to April.
> >

> I would disagree with the "substantial amount." Generally it only snows
> to any significant degree a couple days a year. However, having the
> road crews dump craploads of salt on the road as a pre-emptive measure
> when it's only going to snow enough to tint things white - and melt off
> anyway as soon as the sun comes out - is a distinct possibility
>
> > Now, here in Austin, Texas, one can generally drive vintage tin daily
> > year round.
> >
> > That's why I'm bustin' his chops!
> >
> > <G>

> You're a braver man than I, I drove my '62 to work one day when it was
> about 95 degrees out, I think I lost 20 lbs. in about 30 miles I
> like air conditioning, it's a Good Thing. (I didn't choose to drive it
> that day, my other car was in the shop that day for some necessary
> timing belt maintenance. The *NEXT* time I drove it to work I got
> caught in a torrential downpour, with those dinky little windshield
> wipers and a defroster I never hooked up. I think Mother Nature likes
> laughing at people, because it was the middle of summer.)
>
> nate

Geeeeez... We're bringing up a generation of wimps. Never wuz
ennything like air con when I wuz a kid. Fact is, I haven't owned a car
with A/C since 1997 and I live where it really gets hot!

And, of course if you don't hook up a defroster whose fault izzat???

And secondly, I use oversized wiper blades of at least 14" which is more
than ample.

Stop yer whining!!!

<G>

--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4