Old May 2nd 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default alignment question

"pws" > wrote in message
> Lanny Chambers wrote:
>
> I have gone to at least 550 pounds in my previous 1996 miata, that with a
> friend who was almost 300 pounds, my super thin self, (at the time), and
> some heavy items in the trunk.
>
> The car really let me know the weight was there, in reduced acceleration,
> and I assume, in worse handling, but I did not push it at all that day.
>
> Poll time: What is the maximum (estimated) weight that you have carried in
> your Miata, and if you have towed with it, what is the maximum weight
> there as well?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pat

Come on Pat, that deserves it's own thread!

Have you ever seen the picture of the VW Jetta (iirc) that was loaded down
on top with about 25 sheets of plywood and a whole bunch of other stuff?!
Somebody has tried plywood on top of their Miata, somebody!

Chris
99BBB